Focus video care plan
Focus is a video based care planning API accompanied by a user friendly mobile app. It enables carers to record short videos of daily activities, take notes, send alerts and update written care plans from any device, quickly and easily. It helps to provide care for people who cannot easily communicate their own needs. This includes people with acquired brain injury, stroke, dementia, autism, intellectual disability and a wide range of other conditions.
Focus Video care plan
Focus video care plan
Straightforward care planning templates increase speed and accuracy when adding, accessing or sharing information. Five years of research and development has shown that seamlessCARE increases efficiency, reduces risk and promotes the accurate transfer of data. This research was supported by University College Dublin Enterprise Ireland, Queens University Belfast, Respect and AssistID.
Focus also provides a bridge between the home and institutions and promotes Future Planning for families with loved ones who will need ongoing care. Residential Institutions reported that the alert system and easy sharing of information considerably reduced the time they spent in meetings with the families of their care recipients. Family carers reported a less anxiety about the welfare of their loved ones and a reduced need to contact the caring institutions for individual updates.
Clear screens provide access to user friendly care plans.Information can be quickly and easily retrieved, updated and shared. Alerts can be sent to selected recipients and all information is password protected to ensure the highest levels of security.
Focus is built on the HL7 FHIR framework so it can be accessed on any device: smart phone, mobile tablet or computer. It is available as a mobile application and it can be integrated into existing systems as an API.
Testing in residential, day care, respite and home care settings shows that Focus enhances communication between care providers, reduces staff handover times, diminishes challenging behaviours and makes staff training more efficient. It streamlines communication between staff, supports interactions with families and enhances the quality of life for care recipients and care providers. Users report numerous savings in time and money. They include:
- Faster transfer of information between staff
- Shorter hand over times
- Better communication between families and staff
- Increased safety for high dependency patients as videos help to explain complex needs
- Reduction in challenging behaviours as staff better understand care recipient‘s needs
- It supports Future Planning for families to plan the ongoing care of their loved ones
- Easier communication of essential tasks to families when a nonverbal person is being discharged
- Integrated communication with other services
- Easier staff training
- Easy access to documents needed for inspections and compliance
- Document scanning with mobile app and scanning of Data matrix barcodes